In today's business headlines:
* New airline Lift is set to open its website for bookings this week, as Kulula switches on its ticket sales again as it emerges from Comair's business rescue and Discovery Vitality takes steps to boost the sector and reward its members.
* Regular BizNews stock market commentator David Shapiro says a Biden victory is good for Africa.
* China - SA's major trading partner - has bounced back to positive growth after contracting more than 20% between February and April.
* South Africa’s northern neighbours Zimbabwe and Mozambique are on a list of UN hot spots identified as likely to experience famine.
* South African scientists monitoring wastewater in the Western Cape province detected spikes of the coronavirus.
* Johnson & Johnson will imminently start clinical trials of its Covid-19 vaccine in South Africa.