In today's headlines:
* South Africa plans to begin issuing Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine to the general public next month.
* A takeover bid by Huge Group to acquire rival Adapt IT has become ugly, with the Huge group ordered to removed videos from the public domain in which it attacks the motives of Adapt IT’s management, reports MyBroadband.co.za
* Netcare expects first-half core profit to be down 36% to 38% from a year earlier after a second wave of Covid-19 forced it to suspend elective surgery in favour of necessary and time-sensitive procedures, says Reuters.
* Nedbank will stop funding new thermal coal mines by 2025 and halt direct funding of new oil and gas exploration as it plans to phase out fossil fuel exposure over the next 24 years, says Reuters.
* The African Union’s disease control body and World Health Organization on Thursday urged African countries not to waste COVID-19 vaccines donated to them, after confusion in Malawi and South Sudan about whether doses they received had expired, says Bloomberg.